Thursday, October 2, 2008

*Shocker I'm blogging* but really, It is pretty shocking...

Hola, Well I was so excited to start this blogging business but I can never find myself in the right mind to just sit down and blog. I usually don't think that I'm going to blog about random thoughts or things, I thought I would just do it and show pictures and update you on things about my life. But come to find out, everyday since I started this I'll be in my apartment and be puzzled by something and say out loud, I'm going to blog about this! My roommates always tell me I'm never going to and now I've forgotten half the things I said I was going to write, but don't worry, I'm trying to remember my list of very highly interesting things that I know you're dying to hear from the mind of the Katester. But let's get this updating you with my boring/exciting life first:

WELL , I started my first official Semester at SUU the end of August, and have been going strong for a month- pretty much I freaking LOVE it down here! It's so fun. The people are chill, awesome roommates, everyone is nice, and not to mention there is ALWAYS something going on. I've definitely gotten back into the old routine that means NO sleep at all! I'm enjoying it for now! I think the thing I like most about school right now is that, now that I'm in my major, every class that I'm in I LOVE the subject- it makes for a lot more motivation to go to class. I'm a advertising major, graphic design minor so my classes are a blast. Right now I'm in the class where we are an actual Advertising Agency for the school. We are called CCG- Centurium Consulting Group. I'm an account executive and get to go out and get clients, and work directly with them. We do all their advertising needs, logos, business cards, press releases. It's fun working on the creative part and designing these parts too. The best part is that I'm getting real world experience and getting great stuff to put in my portfolio for when I graduate! I love school- WEIRD!!

And the other reason why I love it down here??? All the fun stuff I've been able to do! The picture above is with me, Lauren and Lee right before we went floating down the Virgin River that comes right out of Zions National Park. It was so much fun! We've been cliff jumping A TON, I think I might go into it professionally, jk- but seriously ;). Hiking a lot, bonfires, dance parties, cabins, mesquite, and the random life of being single and in College. I love my roommates and all the awesome friends that I've got to do things with down here. Especially when I get to hang out with buddies that I don't get to see as much! Taylor, Casen and Caitlyn came down and we hung out all weekend! We went to Lee's game, hiking and all sorts of stuff. That's a pic of me, Lauren & Caitlyn cheering on Lee at the Dixie game. Addison and Luke came down last weekend and took us to dinner! It was so good to see them, they are moving to St George in January and were trying to find an apartment! I'm so excited they're going to Dixie and that we'll get to party with them more:) Okay, so I just got to talk about the last 2 weeks, we got to do some pretty awesome stuff! Besides going to a freaking intense football game with our amazingly loser football team! haha but seriously, we had a blast! We were right at the front, sporting our SUU pride(It comes quickly here), and got to bang as loudly as we could on a cookie sheet! Despite all our hard work cheering on our team, we lost. Sad, but that's okay! Me and Lauren got cheered up by winning SMASHMOUTH tickets on the radio station! haha I know, Smashmouth right? we were laughing our heads off for the whole concert, then we decided we had to get into it , cuz who can say they've been to a smash mouth concert? Not many....so we went to the front of the stage, and they ended it with singing all star. And we Belted that song word for word, you have to , it was awesome . And don't worry we even got to have our picture taken with the drummer, just another picture to add to me and Lauren's pictures with famous people booklet we started.

1 comment:

The Rasmussens said...

ah man I have to say i'm jealous! SMASMOUTH! come on haha. that's awesome I probably would've peed my pants at that concert! I am glad you're having fun at school I sure do miss you though!