Thursday, October 2, 2008

The curls of a curling iron....

Alright, weird title I know...but here goes my weird blogging moments. So I was curling my hair the other day-that sounds so weird that I actually straighten my whole hair straight and then curl it with the curling iron when I have naturally curly(freaky, poofy, ugly) hair. BUT it is what it is, and it's much better that way. Anywho- back on subject- The other day Becca let me use her curling iron, it was step up from my old metal rod. I noticed something very odd about the curling iron that made me question the inventors. On it, has a power button, and it also has a turbo power button. The turbo button heats the curling iron up faster, obviously. Now I ask....Who would chose the normal power button....when we can choose the turbo button? Why even have the power button when we have the option of heating up twice as fast??? Why not just make the POWER button the TURBO button combined and none of this confusion would matter! Not that it does anyways, but it sure did make for a great conversation with my roommates. If anyone has any answers to my question....please, I would love to hear :).

Speaking of Curly hair- Everytime I see Taylor Swift her hair is curled. No matter what! The VMA's, the grammy's, and interviews. Not only is it curled, BUT the exact same backwards curl hair-do, everytime without fail! I don't think that girl has ever had her hair straight...I'm beginning to wonder if it's possible. Anyways- let me know if u see her with straight hair, It would be a miracle.

And that's all folks...Random and weird, but hey that's me :)

8 comments:

What is this blog about? said...

I know exactly what you mean about Taylor Swift...haha...casen and I were just talking about it the other day. Well i was talking to HIM about it. I totally agree, her hair is cute but its ALWAYS the same!!

She Loves To Make said...

Taylor Swift does have great hair. I love it when she wear is in a loose, curly, side pony tail. I wish my hair looked like hers! That is weird about the curling iron. Who would want to wait longer for it to heat up? That is definitely weird.
P.S. I wear the black shoes we bought ALL the time. Thanks for talking me info them :)

The Rasmussens said...

oh my heck katie I freaking love you! Too bad I wasn't there to discuss this with you! I totally agree with you what is the point of two power buttons and a turbo one?? what the heck!

Bradley said...

Curling irons…, one disclaimer before I give my words of wisdom, I have never used a curling iron. but would like to comment on the super fast heating button. I think the button is there just so you can appreciate that the iron is heating up super fast. If the button was not there would you even notice the wonderful heating power of your iron or would you take it for granted? I relate this to the gospel. It is hard to count your blessing if you don’t know what your blessings are. So be happy there is a super fast heating button, it is just a reminder of how great things really are.

dru said...

i saw something on tv just now where she was doing a photoshoot and interview for some magazine with hillary duff and lauren from the hills. i just wanted to report that she did have her curly hair.

Anonymous said...

maybe because some people are scared of heating up their curling iron too fast. or maybe some people have all the time in the world to waste. or maybe they just needed to advertise a "cool" feature. or maybe it really isn't faster than the other button. you should time them to see and let me know.

welcome back to the blogging world. keep the posts comin'

kylee said...

This blog was great. You make me giggle! I understand your frustration of having to straighten, then curl. My trick is blow dry at night, sleep on it, then curl in the morning. It works wonders.

Cristin said...

Hmmmm I think we are more alike than I ever thought! Oh Katie, let your older, wiser, and more heat experienced sister answer the question that obviously plagues you. Why didn't you just ask me? You know I have experience with hot hair tools. The turbo function does not make the device heat faster, it gives it a boost of heat. When the device is heated to it's maximum temperature, you hit 'turbo boost' and it gives at a little extra pop of heat. There, rest easy little one.